|Position Title:||Commercial Analyst|
|Position reports to:||Vice President - Commercial|
|Work coordinated by:||Commercial Team Lead|
Reporting to the Vice President - Commercial, the Commercial Analyst is generally accountable for providing commercial support to the Commercial Team Lead and Commercial Officer including market research and analyses.
Functionally, the position will communicate frequently with the Shipping Coordinator and Shipping Assistant to ensure that the production, inventory and product delivery information is always up to date and accurate. The position provides a quality assurance function in these regards. The position also performs a quality assurance function with regards to the invoice calculations completed by the Business Analyst.
Business Development support:
The position will assist the Business Development Project Leaders in the development of projects under consideration. Typical activities will be scheduling of meetings, research, analyses and preparation of presentations and reports.
The Commercial and Business development functions of the company constitute a critical element in the financial sustainability of the Company which markets its products in a competitive regional and international market. The Commercial Analyst is a key professional support position to these two initiatives.
Key activities of the Commercial Analyst will be to conduct market analyses and generate reports for internal use as well as those required by governmental and regulatory agencies. Other key activities are to update production, inventory and sales daily to ensure the integrity of the information used to make operational decisions in the Marketing Department. The incumbent will also gather day to day data necessary for the preparation of reports relating to sales and departmental costs.
When required, the Commercial Analyst will be required to support key business development activities such as identification of potential business opportunities (projects that provide the optimum fit with existing assets as well as alignment with approved strategic goals), project conceptualisation and framing, economic evaluation, coordination of technical evaluations, commercial development, contract negotiations, preparation of project proposal for approvals and other activities up to hand-over of projects to a project execution team.
Key internal interfaces
Commercial Team Lead, Commercial Officer, Shipping Coordinator, Shipping Assistant, Vice President – Commercial, Business Development Engineering, Operations and Finance.
Key external interfaces
International consultants, government and regulatory agencies and service organizations.
This position has no financial accountability.
Individual’s Safety Responsibility:
It is the responsibility of each employee to protect oneself as well as fellow workers from injury. Work shall be conducted according to established safe practices and procedures. Please refer to PPGPL’s Safety Manual.
Nature & Scope
Functionally, the position will provide market research and commercial analysis support to the Commercial Officer and Commercial Team Lead. The position will have focus on the liaison between Operations, marketing and Finance with regards to the tracking, capture and analysis of domestic sales information. The position will manage the production, inventory and sales information systems to assure integrity and availability of data. The incumbent will be called upon to act in the position of Commercial Officer as necessary.
Business Development support:
The position will assist the Business Development Project Leaders in the development of projects under consideration. Typical activities will be the scheduling of meetings, research, analyses and preparation of presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Communicate with internal customers and respond to their needs.
2. Communicate with external customers in the absence of the Commercial Officer and Commercial Team Lead.
3. Input customer cargo requirements, actual and forecast production and vessel schedules into the marketing scheduling software.
4. Communicate loading/shipping schedules to internal customers.
5. Advise Commercial Team Lead and Commercial Officer of actual or forecast inventories outside of the set inventory limits.
6. Review invoice calculations done by Business Analyst including condensate and product transfers.
7. Perform invoice calculations in the absence of the Business Analyst.
8. Provide daily forward inventory forecasts to Atlantic LNG and Buyers under Atlantic LNG’s Product Sales Agreements in the absence of the Commercial Officer.
9. Prepare a draft of the Commercial Department’s Quarterly Report to the Board of Directors.
10. Prepare position papers, reports and presentations as required by Commercial Team Lead, VP Commercial or Business Development.
11. Maintain the commercial database and all information systems.
12. Assist in the development of marketing strategies – e.g. long-term product sales agreements, new products and markets, strategic alliances, etc.
13. Assist in the preparation and management of the department’s annual Overhead & Operating budget, product price premium forecast and monthly and year-end inventory targets.
14. Provide support to Business Development initiatives as required.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Qualifications
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Natural Sciences, Engineering or Finance or ACCA from a recognized tertiary institution.
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
Five (5) years’ related commercial experience.
Prior experience in a hydrocarbon industry sales/commercial function and liquid fuels trading experience will be an asset.
1. Strong numerical, analytical and presentation skills.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. High proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Applications particularly MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Integrity - strong values of honesty and ethical business conduct
• Ability to multitask - conduct and manage parallel activities.
• Self-management - able to plan work schedules; self-directed and function with minimal supervision.
• Results oriented with a strong sense of accountability- sets goals and achieves them.
• High initiative and self-motivation.
• Multi-tasking skills - ability to manage parallel activities.
• Ability to function as part of a team and share collective responsibility.
• Attention to detail.
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified”.